- I am my boyfriend’s memory
- by which he will remember me
- but only time will let me see
- if my boyfriend will recover his identity
- Memories are what made he,
- Memories are what made me,
- Memories are what made we,
- Memories are what made us be.
- I pray I will see the day
- when together we will be
- in the morning to see
- the sun rise with glee.
- Memories, where are you?
- Mere shadows of the past gone,
- Without you there is no one to cherish,
- only solitude of the present which perish.
In memory of Mike, who died of brain cancer after losing his memory to a failed surgery.
Christian Martin, 2003